Monday 18 March 2013

"The Bells of Saint John" - Press Screening Q&A Transcript and Review


The inimitable Ian Wylie attended the recent "The Bells of Saint John" press screening and q&a.  He's written a spoiler free review of the first episode and transcribed the entire q&a.  You can read the entire article here but highlights, for me, of the q&a are:


Q: Matt – how has it been dealing with a new companion who has so many different levels and personalities and deaths?
Matt Smith: “I think it’s quite nice for the Doctor because I think having got his grieving for the Ponds out of the way, I think she’s re-ignited his curiosity in the universe and given him his mojo back, for want of a better word. Yeah. And I just have to say that I think she’s done…I mean you see on the screen…I think she’s absolutely brilliant. It’s been a joy to work with Jenna and I’m really proud of the work we’ve done. And I think it’s exciting for the character. It gives him a new lease somehow.”
Q: Riding a motorbike?
Matt Smith: “It was such a lovely day in London. We both went, ‘This isn’t a real job?’ It was great fun. That and just playing football…if I get to play football in the show. And I’d just like to say that I think the director Colm (McCarthy) has done the most fantastic job. I think he directed it with wit and verve and pace. I think it was brilliantly made.”
Q: You keep saying that every episode is going to be like a film – every single episode to be packed full of a whole film in 45 minutes?
Steven Moffat: “Next week he’s in a cupboard. No, he’s not. Actually can I just tell you that I think what we’ve got, in effect, this year is we’ve got three opening episodes. The next two are fast-paced nail biters as well. So as normal we get one big, super-fast mad one at the beginning and settle down. But we don’t settle down for ages in this one. It’s like having three episode ones in a row.”
I really recommend you check out the full transcript on Ian's blog:
Life of Wylie



No comments:

Post a Comment